Friday, March 4, 2022

Love You Always - Layout #06 for Calvinball 2022 and layout #4 for 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life

Managed to get another layout done today for Calvinball and 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life. To learn more about Calvinball or 30 Days of Sketches, just click the links above. The sketch is by Brenda Ragsdale. This is layout #6 for Calvinball and Layout #4 for 30 Days of Sketches. 

This layout came together quite quickly using scraps from a crop I did last weekend using up old page kits and collections with Victoria Marie. This kit was from 2002!!! I added a lot of stuff from my stash to the kit including flair from Scrappin Happy Studio. Papers that are that old are a challenge for multiple reasons. One they may not be your style any more. Two, they are pretty thin papers making it harder to work with today's products such as mixed media. And three, many times the papers were not a true 12 x 12 size which was the case for many of these papers. In that case, cutting them up helps to use them. I grabbed cardstock from my stash for a background.

Using the sketch helped to make the page come together pretty quick and of course I had to had products per the Calvinball point tracker. I did pretty good too. I think I got 18.5 points for this layout.

Hope you enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment