Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Day 1 of 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life and Calvinball

Day 1 is done and in the books as they say. I did a quick layout using the day 1 sketch, by Jessie Brodmerkle, from 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life and the Calvinball items. I didn't add my photo to the layout yet as I cannot print right now so I will have to add it later on. I'm continuing to use up my old stash which feels good. I had made a bunch of page kits with my old stash some time ago so as I go through this month I look through those first to see if one of them will work for that day's sketch and the Calvinball items. Today it worked out great.

I don't always remember what line or manufacturer is of all the items since they are not all from the same collection or anything. I followed the sketch pretty close. Instead of the florals, I used a bunch of die cuts and fussy-cut items that I had placed in my page kit. I did have some die-cut leaves and a flower that I cut out of white cardstock with my Sizzix that I had sitting on my desk to use. I added some gold splatters around the layout as well as a few gold star sequins. And if you look really hard you will find a tiny avocado that was one of the Calvinball items. At the beginning of Calvinball, there are only a few items on the list. You get points for what you use on your project. There are permanent items and then there are temporary items. The list changes every day which is what makes it so fun. On the list today were stars, avocados, die cuts, and the color green. 


I hope you'll come to check out 30 Days of Sketches and Calvinball. Both are free and a great way to get some projects done. 

#calvinball  #calvinball2023  #scraphappy  #30daysofsketches  #30dscbl11  




No comments:

Post a Comment