Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sea Bean Hunting CSI #154

Finished my album for the swap yesterday and decided at the last minute to do the challenge for CSI that was due last night. The challenge went well with some pictures I had of me, my son, and his wife from in 2013 when we were sea bean hunting. The pictures are blurry because I was using my phone and I couldn't see a thing to adjust the pictures. All of them were blurry except for the one of the sea bean I found...go figure!  LOL  It was special day because me and my daughter-in-law are the ones who look for sea beans and he decided to join us and we had a lot of fun. Here is the challenge that was posted:
I used all the the colors that were required. For the evidence I used polka dots (in the washi tape), wood/woodgrain (the letter "h"), nautical accents (anchor in the bottom right corner), map/globe (in the paper I used to mount most of the pictures with and also a strip I used on top of the red paper underneath the pictures) and I used twine (in the bottom right corner I intertwined it through all the accents).  For the testimony I used Presentation: Mixed fonts and handwriting.





I used some basic white cardstock on top of some basic blue cardstock. The pattern papers I used were some old red and blue water paper from my scraps of paper, the olive green paper was actual the strip you tear off the paper in a paper pad and it was from Colorbok Beach House collection, the globe paper was from Crate Paper, and some strips between the washi was from a cut-apart page out of the Nautical collection from Craft Smith. I also used some black cardstock from my scraps to mount the center picture. The wood veneer frame was from Recollections and the 'hello' veneer was from Heidi Swapp. The 3 woven labels were quite old from my stash and they were by MMBI as well as the laser cuts seashells from Making Memories. Just goes to show you how you can incorporate older things in with the newer things. The letter stickers were a combination of 7gypsies, Recollections, Tim Holtz, and one I'm not sure of as well as my own handwriting. The arrow was from my stash as well as the washi. The last thing was I sprinkled black Heidi Swapp Color Shine on the layout for that last touch. Very simple layout.

Hope you enjoyed it and happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment