Saturday, February 28, 2015

Paper Bag Mini Album for Swap

I had joined two different swaps over at Mini Album Scraps. The first one was the boxed accordion album which I posted earlier. This one was for a paper bag mini album. I learned one big lesson...no matter how much time you have to do the swap get it done early! I got promoted at work a couple of months ago and I thought things would slow down but instead it has taken forever for them to hire someone to replace my position and I've been both. And not just that I had no idea I would end up going to a conference for a week during this time either. So I've been working a lot of hours and time just completely got away from me. I completed my mini and got it in the mail by the deadline but wow...I do not want to cut it so close again. The other bad thing is that I didn't have time to video my project nor take pictures of the entire album. I did manage to take a couple while in my car stopped at a light on my way to the post office to mail it...LOL. So at least I got that much. I do want to make another one for myself though so that one I will get a video done.  I learned another thing...larger gussets!!! It was my first time doing the hidden hinge binding system by Kathy Orta and although I did make my gussets just slightly larger than what she said in her video, I should go a bit larger than that because the album was not closing completely. Definitely going to do that with my next one. Here are a couple of pics:


Be sure to check back to see the video of the next one. Hope everybody has a fanatasic weekend and happy scrapping!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment