Saturday, March 21, 2015

Go Ahead Click Away - CSI 157




I am so loving doing the challenges over at Color, Stories, Inspiration because it is really forcing me to get more done. I know I'm not the only one who struggles some times. There are times where I want to get layouts done but there are so many beautiful papers and embellishments that I spend too much time trying to decide what I want to do on my layout. Doing the challenges helps me with this because they give you the inspiration to get started. Here is what I did for case #157:



This was my son when he was around one and he just had to put on my sunglasses but he didn't want any help with getting them one. For this challenge we also had a sketch to follow. You can interpret the sketch anyway you want. As always I tried to mix older stuff from my stash with newer stuff. And I really tried to make it more boyish because at that age they are into everything...lol. 

The two background papers were from Crate Paper and the "Happy" paper is an exclusive from Scraptastic. The chipboard pieces and the vellum glasses and 'love you' are also from my Scraptastic kit and I think the vellum was Crate Paper but not positive. The gears were from Michaels from their dollar bins. The die cuts were gifted to me from Ronni Sue and she is Ronni Sue Scrapper on YT.  The Ta da! stamp is from 7 Gypsies, metal dog tag was from The Happy Hammer, the buttons were from Junkitz Buttonz, the arrows were from Mambi stickers, the "Giggle" rub-on was Memory Makers Simply Stated, the black letters were Tim Holtz, the red letters were Colorbok 3-D Alphas, and the splattered ink was Heidi Swapp Color Shine. The wood veneers, bakers twine, washi tape, cork, and tickets were all from my stash and I'm not sure of the manufacturer.  Here are some close-ups:
 













No comments:

Post a Comment