Sunday, March 8, 2015

CSI 156 - Confidence

I love doing challenges. It's not like sports where you compete and there is always a winner and of course a loser(s) but more like a push to get done what you have bought all those supplies for but just haven't managed to get much done with them. Over at Color, Stories, Inspiration (CSI) you are challenged to do a layout using specific colors and then a list of items and journaling ideas to choose from. I love doing the challenges not only does it push me to get more scrapbooking done but it also pushes me a little out of my comfort zone. It might be using colors together I wouldn't normally use or it could be to journal in particular way. But most of all I have fun! Here is what the case looked like:

The five colors we had to use was: Bright Coral, Yellow Green, Warm Gray, White, and Tan. My beautiful daughter had posted this picture on Facebook just a day or so before I looked at the challenge so when I was thinking of what picture would go good with the colors I thought of that picture. But I also had to have journaling that would work with the testimony items listed in the challenge and the picture. I chose the "Prompt Idea: One Little Word" which when you clicked on the link took you to a website and there was a whole list of one word ideas to journal about and when I seen "Confidence" I knew it would be perfect for the picture.






I used Prima flower sprays, the background paper and little bling on the stag are also Prima, Martha Steward butterfly punch, tag and 'always' vellum piece is from Maggie Holmes, the enamel dots are by Teresa Collins, the chipboard Thickers are Heidi Swapp as well as the Color Shine mist, the vellum and the white/silver paper the photo is mounted on is from Cosmo Cricket Simple Surfaces, the small letter stickers underneath the photo is from Basic Grey Hey Boy collection, the flair was from my stash, the date stamp was Heidi Swapp and used Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink, the coral cardstock I used for the photo mat is a scrap from the Scraptastic kit, and the bird and music note veneers are from Lawn Fawn. Oh and the lace I wrapped the flower sprays in was a piece of antique lace I had bought from a antique shop which came in a bag of different lace. I had bought the lace for the other pieces never really knowing if I would use that particular one and I did. Didn't want to use it anywhere else because I didn't want it to start looking too much like a previous layout I did of my daughter.

Hope you enjoyed it and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment