Saturday, February 7, 2015

Way to Go! CSI 153

I have been wanting to subscribe to a scrapbooking kit for a while because I do not have a LSS anymore and as most of you know Michaels only carries some of the products. I also have a Joann's but it is very small. North and South of me there are larger Joann's and Hobby Lobbystores but it is not exactly convenient. I do go to them when I happen to be in those areas but I usually don't go an hour out of my way just to pick something up.  So I decided to try the Scraptastic Kit. I got my first one which was the January kit and it was so cute. I can't wait until the February kit arrives! And the colors of it were perfect for my CSI challenge case file. Here was the challenge for case #153:

The colors the were required to use were pale coral/pinky peachy, orangey-red, pale seafoam green, pale pale yellow, and dusty brown. I decided to do a layout of my niece who got Teacher of the Year and I am so proud of her. In the picture her mother took, my niece is wearing a top that kind of looks orangey-red. It might be a pink color but it is hard to tell but I thought it went great with the colors I had to use for the challenge.


For the evidence I used a border punch on a piece of scrap paper from my stash that I tucked under the tag at the top of the layout, I used texture paste with a Heidi Swapp stencil, and I dripped/sprinkled some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Aquamarine. For the testimony I used stacking journaling spots/labels/tags in a pale yellow cardstock. A lot of the products I used were from the scraptastic kit. The teal flowered paper is an exclusive for scraptastic, the paper beneath it was Amy Tangerine Stitched Collection Flora, and the journal labels was cut from pale yellow cardstock, the butterflies, vellum pieces and letters were all from the kit. The vellum pieces were a Maggie Holmes Open Book collection from Crate Paper and the letter stickers were Jillibean Soup Alphabeans in Mushroom Gray. I do not know who made the cardstock, although it looks like Bazzill, the butterflies, flair, and various tags from the kit. The wood veneer "smile" is from Heidi Swapp and I used a homemade enamel dot to dot the "i" with. The flower on the top tag was a Prima flower and I used bling from Imaginisce for the center. I also sprayed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds on the layout. Here are some close-ups:





Thanks for stopping by and as always Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment