Sunday, February 1, 2015

How to Overcome being Frozen CC-4

I did this layout for another challenge over at CSI just last night. At the last minute I decided to do it and I am surprised how fast it came together. The case was to use the following colors which you must use all of them: Aqua Blue, True Blue, Taupe, Light Gray, and Off-White. Very wintery colors which if you are going to do winter scene is very hard for me since I live in South Florida and it just gets cold here and there...not consistent like most states. But I had some pictures from several years ago when me and my sister went to West Virginia for my uncle's funeral. While we were there a snow storm hit and we couldn't leave to go home and it was the week before Christmas! But we made the most of the situation. All the roads were closed so we couldn't drive anywhere but in front of the hotel was a convenience store/liquor store. So we walked to it got stuff to make margaritas and had a good time in our hotel room. The picture is my sister with a cheesy grin on her face...we had a really good time in spite of the situation.

  

This was a very quick layout. Again I used a lot of older stuff from my stash. I used silver metal snowflakes by Making Memories and all the papers are from my stash. The black letter stickers are Label Letter by Tim Holz idea-ology and the other words I used Recollections stickers sprayed some ink over them and removed them. Kind of representing snow.

 The blue papers are some random papers I had in my stash and I inked all the edges with Prima Chalk Ink in Blue Jay, the brown/taupe colored one I've had for a long time but I thought the Memories on it was so fitting which I also inked with Prima Chalk Ink in Knotted Wood, and the gray paper above was very fitting as well because it has clocks on it (we were passing the time you know...LOL) which was also inked with Prima Chalk Ink in Tin Cup and it was from the 7 Gypsies Paddington collection.


For the ink I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine in teal and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Moonlight which I sprayed and dribbled over the background. Other than that I used some sequins. Hope you enjoyed it and Happy Scrapping!







No comments:

Post a Comment