Thursday, January 22, 2015

CSI 152 - I wish everybody had Friends to be Goofy with

I love doing the challenges (case files) over at Color, Stories, Inspiration: CSI. Although I am doing a couple of swaps over at Mini Album Scraps (MAS) and I've been trying to get my December Daily done all while I am working a lot of extra hours at work but I still got the challenge done.






For this case I used all the colors which were lime green, teal green, white, lemony yellow and tangerine orange. For the evidence list I used polka dots, mesh, pearls/jewels (centers of the flowers around the pictures), scallops,and paint. For the testimony I decided to use a prompt from Paper Wishes which has 100 journaling prompts. The prompt I chose was "I wish everybody had....." The journaling is on the tag behind the pictures. It reads "I am so lucky that I have awesome friends who are there no matter what. One day they asked if I wanted to go over to Orlando to the IKEA store and since I have never been there yet I jumped at the chance to go and hang with my friends. When we got to the area where up pick up the furniture and larger items they had these flat carts and next thing I knew I was pushing them around on them and they were acting like they were surfing. Here it was, these three professional women acting goofy in the middle of IKEA in front of strangers. Everyone should have friends that they can just let go with and be goofy and have fun."

This background paper I believe is from Carolees Creations and is probably around 10 years old and kind of bright and fun so I thought those picture where a perfect match. I distressed the paper with the Prima distressing tool on the edges and on the top of the paper and mounted it on top of tangerine orange cardstock. To further distressed it by using paint and a dot background stamp. I also sanded the edges of the pictures.







I painted a solid area, used the mesh, paper with a wood grain and another with butterflies from the Studio Calico Hey Day Collection, and some paper from my scraps that looked like it could be wallpaper all of which is to represent working on your home which reminded me of going to IKEA. The paper pieces I used Gathered Twig distress ink on the edges to help them stand out. The flowers were silk flowers from the stash. I used a scrap of doily, enamel dots, and the lol wood veneer is from Recollection I believe. The 'laugh', arrow, and view finder where given to me from Roni Sue who is Roni Sue Scrapper on YT. The black letter stickers are Tim Holtz idea-ology. I cut 'friends' and 'goofy' from my Cricut using Mickey & Friends and Jasmine.

Again, I used up some of my older stash and more of my scraps. I like doing these challenges because it makes me get some of my scrapping done and not just make gifts for everyone else, actually think about my journaling and to get more stories and feelings down, get out of my comfort zone, and use up more of my stash and scraps. It is a win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment