Wednesday, December 31, 2014

CSI S365-10 - Sunrise

I can't believe it but I have finished yet another CSI case (challenge)! For this case we had to use black, off-white, taupe, green, and muted coral/salmon colors. From the evidence list I used flowers/leave and raffia/string. And for the testimony I tried my hand at haiku which is a type of Japanese poetry. Here is what we had to draw from:
I decided to use some pictures of the beautiful sunrises we experience. Of course we are very lucky in as much as we get to experience both sunrises and sunsets over the water because of the ocean and the rivers and lagoon. I am at awe of the beauty I see all the time and I appreciate the fact that I get to experience it.

I used a black wood grain paper from Craft Smith, Natural Luxury collection as the background and a pretty distressed light colored paper to mat the pictures from DCWV, The Heirloom Collection. For the raffia/string I actually used a jute ribbon that was leftover from Christmas. The flowers are a combination of The Paper Studios and Recollections. I hand wrote the poem on a cream colored cardstock and then cut it into strips and just outlined the strips with a pen. The poem says: A beautiful spring sunrise, Rising on the ocean's edge, Explodes into colors. I have never heard of this type of poetry before so it was very interesting to try. You can learn about it here. Hope you enjoy it and happy scrapping!






No comments:

Post a Comment