Monday, October 20, 2014

CSI Challenge 144: Create

I'm on a roll!!! Well for me I'm on a roll. I don't have a lot of time to scrap and I usually scrap fairly slow so for me to get another layout done so quickly is pretty darn good. So I did another crime scene aka: challenge over at CSI. The colors that you had to use was Black, White, Warm Gray, Bright Yellow and Turquoise so when I seen the pictures of me and my friend at a painting class the colors just jumped right out at me! The painting classes are so much fun because the teacher's philosophy is that anyone can paint. Her art is very whimsical.  Anyway, as I stated in a previous post you also must use at least 2 clues from the evidence list so I used 6: paint/watercolor, polka dots, stripes, tickets, flowers, metal and clips. I used a watercolor paper and painted the bright yellow and turquoise stripes on half the paper and splattered the colors over all the paper. I used black and warm gray cardstock to mat the pictures so that the pictures would stand out against the colors on the papers. Used all 5 colors...check.

I used some Prima flowers, some rosebud flowers, and a single Petaloo flower. I tucked a piece of doily behind one of the pictures and used a couple of metal paper clips on the pictures. I stamped "Today We" above a Heidi Swapp arrow that I spritzed with Tattered Angels Dragonfly mist and the arrow points down to a chipboard piece that says 'create' and has polka dots.  I have three metal word pieces from Making Memories that were in my stash that say create, inspire, and imagine. The friends sticker is from Colorbok Limited Edition Stickerdoodles from my stash. I tucked a couple of paper tickets and a wooden ticket around and have a chalkboard diecut that says Never Stop Dreaming. And for the Testimony clue I used a journaling spot which is from Maggie Holmes.

Here are some close-ups and thanks for stopping by! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment