Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bliss

I did this layout today using watercolors for the first time! I have had them for some time but I had not used them yet. When I seen the picture in the stack on my table I knew right away that I wanted to use some water colors. And living in Florida we always have beach, boating, pool, water parks, anything to do with water type pictures so I have a ton of embellishments in those themes. I used water color paper and some paper from Colorbok called Poolside. The poolside paper was some of the same paper I used on some of the altered clothespins I did for a swap on Mini Album Scraps a few months ago. I used some light brown cardstock that was torn and I used some Beachcomber embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle which looks just like sand...Love it! Then the epoxy surf boards are from Jolees, a metal sign "to the beach" was from Karen Foster Designs, Ride the Waves chipboard piece was from Cloud 9 Designs, and the epoxy words around the picture was from Creative Imaginations...all very old stuff in my stash! YEAH...using it up! Then I used some black letter stickers from Pebbles and some old Prima flowers, some regular sequins and some flower sequins from Queen & Co., and some little arcylic dots that were the center pieces from some packages of flowers from the dollar bins at Michaels.  I also inked a few of the pieces of paper with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. All in all I think it came out pretty good. My son had this posted on his Facebook a few years ago when a friend of his took the picture. The great thing about FB is that when your grown children post pics you can download them to scrap!!! I love this pic of him because you can see how he is in his element and that is where the title came from...BLISS!


No comments:

Post a Comment