Saturday, October 18, 2014

Being Adopted

Do any of you out there in the scrapping world have a lot of supplies and yet don't get a lot of projects done? Then you go out shopping again to add to your stash!! It becomes a vicious cycle. Well there are many of us out there in scrapping/crafting land that seem to be getting more and more supplies...scrapping/crafting goodies...creating bigger and bigger piles, closets and boxes that are bulging or overflowing, and are just simply being overrun with our passion or should I say obsession!  Well I want to encourage you to join some of the Facebook groups like "Will Craft For Supplies" or "50 Projects" or blogs like "CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration" or one of the other great groups and blogs out there to get inspiration, ideas, and encouragement to use up your supplies and have more projects completed. I did and I am getting more done, being held accountable, stretching my creativity and making friends along the way.

I am starting to use up my stash...slowly but surely...and getting more done. Using up those supplies that I already have. Here is a two page layout I did about my daughter picking out a dog at the pound to adopt. I used up papers from a kit I have had quite some time ago. I also used followed a sample layout that was on kit because it made things a lot easier and it worked with the pictures I had.


In addition to using elements from the kit I added some washi tape, some DIY enamel dots, some bling to the flowers, a tag, a wood veneer arrow, and splattered some Heidi Swapp ink...all from my existing stash.  I feels great to use up what you have in your stash.

They are older papers and embellishments but I added more current elements with the old to bring it more current. Not necessarily my normal style but hey, I getting more projects done while using up my stash so I can't complain. Have a great weekend and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment