Thursday, November 29, 2018

CSI Case File #266 - Enjoy Reading

Here is a layout I created for a CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration case file (a challenge in the form a police case). If you have never seen them before, just click on the link above and check it out. It is a lot of fun and you can when prizes.

I made a very simple layout especially since I had time constraints but I really enjoyed it.


Here was the "crime scene" photo that was used as inspiration for this challenge.


The Scheme (colors) that you had to use were:
  • 252.225.30 – bright yellow
  • 21.173.178 – right between aqua and turquoise
  • 205.73.24 – in between orange and red
  • 248.250.249 – white
  • 30.23.17 – black
I chose to use from the evidence list embossed or textured paper, stars, hearts, bottle or jar, and dangle something.

For the testimony (journaling idea) I chose to use one of the prompt ideas from the website that was linked to. 

All of the papers I used were from We R Memory Keepers Scrapbook Stack Pack "Anthologie" collection except for the black cardstock I used for the background border and the mat the photo. The collection matched the color scheme so that helped to make the process go much quicker. 

I used an acetate word (Enjoy) from Heidi Swapp. The tabs, hearts, stars, jar, chipboard words, and doilies were all random pieces in my stash and do not remember the manufactures. The stacked books is a Cheap Die that was part of a prize package from Dies R Us that I won from CSI and I got it today! What great timing. You can find out more about that in my previous post. So the die makes an outline of a stack of books and reading was my story so it worked out great. I didn't really want just an outline though because it was blending in too much with the background. So I took scraps of the paper from the collection and cut out several and used different pieces to fill in the blank spaces. Now I have several outlines to use for other layouts or cards. Loved it! Can't wait to play with the other dies. I also used some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine sprinkled over the page.

Here are some close ups of the details:







Hope you enjoyed it! Happy Scrapping!


2 comments:

  1. You've done very well with the use of colours! And I do love the overall design of your layout!
    Thank you for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect accenting! Love the stack of books and the string of hearts! So happy you played with us at CSI! I apologize for the lateness of my comments!

    ReplyDelete