Thursday, May 7, 2015

Happy Outerspace Birthday - CSI 162

Hello everyone! I'm back with another layout to share that I did for a case over at Color, Stories, Inspiration. For this case we were required to use the colors: aqua, black, bright red, buttery yellow, and pale blue. Here is the case scene:
I used all the required colors. From the evidence list I used: Space elements (lots), metal, circles, stars (obviously lots), something transparent (vellum rocket), labels, and die cuts (again lots of them). For the testimony I used the inspiration word Space.

The picture is from far away but it was to show just how big around the rocket is that is behind us. It's so big that we couldn't get the whole thing in the picture. So I used a square piece of scrap metal to frame us in the picture and you wouldn't believe this but I found the metal piece along with some others from many years ago and I found a use for it right away (love it when I can recycle something in a fun way). The pieces were from these little light weight metal words and phrases used for scrapbooking that you punched out which left these little scraps. And I remember I thought it was a shame to throw them away so I held on to them. Well over time they ended up in a box which I happen to look in just the other day and ta da...I used it! Awesome Sauce! 

The layout is a bit busy I think but I was trying to achieve the feeling of outer space. The blue paper with the stars creates an illusion of space and then when you look at the rocket ships one is vellum which gives the illusion it is deeper in space than the chipboard one. Then the planet is small also giving it the appearance of being deeper in space. Then of course we have to add layering and embellishments around the photo.

The journaling reads:
All Robert could talk about for a long time was anything and everything space related. He loved Legos and he mostly built rocket ships with them for a quite a while. So we decided for his birthday that year we would surprise him with taking him to Kennedy Space Center. We all had a blast but Robert could hardly contain himself. I think that was the best birthday present he could have received.

The star background paper is DCWV Juniper Stars on Cream, and the piece of paper behind the photo is Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm. The letter stickers are Thickers Rockabye and October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers Red & Cream. Most of the embellishments were by Crate Paper Boys Rule collection along with some enamel dots from Teresa Collins and some from a pack from the dollar bins at Michaels. I also used some Tim Holtz idea-ology Vial Labels and the acrylic pieces were from one of my Scraptastic kits. I wasn't sure how I was going to use those acrylic pieces when I first got them and at the time I thought they sort of looked like meteors from the kids cartoons. So when this case challenge came up and about space I knew what I wanted to use.   




HAPPY SCRAPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment