Saturday, May 30, 2015

Feeling Love

Hi guys! Here to share another layout. The colors that I had to use for this challenge were periwinkle purple, bright pink, white, pale periwinkle purple and olive green. I really enjoyed doing this layout. The colors reminded me of the licorice pieces in one of the pictures which by the way I love! These pictures were from Mother's Day this year. My children were so thoughtful. I got a vintage camera (which I collect), vintage camera bulbs, some owl earrings and owl votive cups (love owls) and of course the licorice.

For the layout I used some watercolor paper and used water color pencils on some cellophane packaging and blotted on the paper. I seen this in some YT videos and it looked like a lot of fun.  Really liked how it came out.


The paper borders and banners were cut from papers from my stash and are quite old but still very pretty. The branches and leaves were cut from a Tim Holtz Sizzix die. The acrylic hearts, words, chipboard banner, and "love this" stamp and are Heidi Swapp. The crochet flowers and ribbon on the paper border were from the dollar bin at Michaels, and brads in the middle of the flowers are The Paper Studio, and the flair is from a scraptastic kit so I don't know the manufacturer. The wood owl came from the wood section at Hobby Lobby and I used the Wink of Stella pen on it to give it a little shimmer. And the the butterflies are 3D and I actually got them at a teacher-homeschool supply store.






The journaling reads:


There is no greater feeling than love and right now my heart is filled with love. The love that I feel for my children and feeling loved from them. When you receive a gift it means so much more when you know it came from the heart. It doesn’t have to cost a lot, be really extravagant or large. Just knowing that they chose that gift especially for you straight from the heart. My kids gave me such precious gifts this Mother’s Day. Chosen with love to make me feel loved. I am truly blessed! May 10, 2015.

Hope you enjoyed it and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment