Thursday, May 21, 2015

11 Awesome Years and Counting - CSI #164

Well it has been a while since I have posted a layout. I did another challenge over at Color, Stories, Inspiration (CSI) which are always so much fun. Love how you are challenged to think outside your comfort zone. So for this layout I used my Scraptastic Kit with just a extras from my stash. For this case you had to use the following colors: sky blue; candy apple red; pale,pale blue; lime green; and daffodil yellow. Here is the crime scene:
I chose to write about how I get around with the journaling style of how-to/directions format. For the evidence I used cogs/gears and wet medium. I know it seems weird to scrap a story about your car but we document the everyday. The everyday is what makes up our lives and our great, great grandchildren will never know about us if we don't document it. Here are the photos:




The following was from my Scraptastic Kit: Paper: Scraptastic - Circles (Used both A & B sides), Simple Stories - Life Documented - Stitched in Time; and Scraptastic Journaling Cards Cut-Apart. Sn@ap! enamel dots; Sn@ap! Life Documented - Icon Stickers and Bits & Pieces; AC Thickers - Marquee; Webster's Pages - Allison Kreft 'Happy" little letter stickers, wood veneer, flair, and acrylic arrow. Items used that were not from my scraptastic kit: white gesso, Tim Holtz cogs & gears, Teresa Collins enamel dots, and Heidi Swapp Color Shine - black velvet.

Of course I made a big booboo on this layout. Sometimes when you use a wet medium like gesso on regular scrapbook paper it will buckle. So I decided to back it with some cardstock to flatten it and make it sturdier. Well when I did that, I had not waited long enough and the color shine ink splatters weren't quite dry and some of it smeared. So I covered it with more gesso and little thicker so it would cover most of it and then sprinkled the ink again. Well we can chalk that up to lesson learned...don't get into such a hurry! LOL  Hope you enjoyed it and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment