Monday, March 4, 2024

60th Celebration Month - Calvinball - 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life

 Hello, my friends! March is quite the month for me. Not only do I have a lot going on at work and of course all of the lovely things we have to tend to on the home front but March means I'm turning another year older, and it is Calvinball time and another round of 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life! I love doing Calvinball and 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life. I just wish I was already retired so I had more time to play but I will try to do what I can during the month even though I have a week-long conference to go to and will have to cut my playing time short. 

If you have not heard of Calvinball you can learn more over at http://scraphappy.org/calvinball or if you haven't heard about 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life you can check it out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2437398646556752. Both are free and you can participate as much or as little as you would like and are a lot of fun. 

Here is the first layout I completed for #Calvinball and 30 Days of Sketches with Christy's Beautiful Life. The sketch is by Brandi Jo for #30DSKBL14. I used a lot of older stash. The background paper was from Simple Stories Let's Play paper pad from 2016 and the other paper in the corners is from Shimelle Star Shine collection called Rosetta (not sure of that date but have had it for a while). Used some Freckled Fawn glitter stickers from 2014, The Paper Studio stick-a-bilities birthday stickers from 2019, Petaloo flowers from 2010, Thickers are Fitzgerald from 2014, sequins from Shimmerz Paints, enamel dots from BoBunny Beautiful Things 2021, and the vellum quote from DCWV Scrapbook Kit in a Stack that is very old. The green hearts and avocados are part of a polymer clay mix by the Tiny Supply Shop on Etsy.

I followed the sketch pretty closely but had one extra picture on page 2 and they are horizontal instead of portrait.  









No comments:

Post a Comment