Friday, September 25, 2015

Who Says You Can't Go Home

A layout that was done for a challenge. I used by Can't Go Home kit from Scraptastic.  The challenge was to use 3 pattern papers, 1 cardstock, use the colors teal and gray, 3 arrows, a chipboard element, something older than a year old, and at least 1 travel themed embellishment.  I got the Can't Go Home kit from Scraptastic because I knew I would be going to Las Vegas in July and well I am just now starting to scrap my trip.  I don't have a ton to scrap because the trip was business but there were times where we could go do some exploring. So since the challenge was to use something travel related I thought it was a perfect time to start scrapping my trip. The layout will actually be the last page of my trip because as you can imagine my the title it is about coming home. 

For the pattern papers I used October Afternoon Moaning Cavern and the others were Scraptastic exclusives. The multi-colored striped paper and the paper with the stars are the A and B side of one sheet of Scraptastic exclusive pattern paper. As well as the 'Who Says You Can't Go Home', the red arrows, and the numbers strip which was one sheet and I cut the different strips from it. The cardstock was from my stash and was a teal color.  I used both the teal and gray as stated in the challenge but I used varying shades of both in different elements. The papers were edged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Weathered Wood for another grayish element and to makes some of the papers stand out more.  The chipboard elements were AC Thickers Hipster chipboard letters and the geo tag from the Pink Paislee Atlas chipboard sticker embellishments which were both from the kit.  I also used from the kit a tag, the silver airplane punchout, and the globe from the Pink Paislee Atlas ephemera pack, cork arrow embellishment, the orange arrow from MME Hello World travel stickers, and the Hello and Goodbye from the Can't Go Home Scraptastic stamp set. The ink splatters are HS Color Shine in teal and gold and also Mister Huey's Color Mist in Water Cooler.  I used some enamel dots from my stash and I really don't know how old they are so I'm not counting those as older than a year but the travel sticker is from MM words and phrases travel set and then cards, coat check ticket and the chips are from Paper Wishes and all those are older than 5 years.  So nice to use up some of my stash and it goes with the theme of my pictures.  I also used a Freckled Fawn cork calendar sticker and some Freckled Fawn enamel stars.








No comments:

Post a Comment