Friday, September 11, 2015

Hello Waves

Getting very little scrapping or crafting of any kind done lately but I did manage to finally get one done. I used some of my Scraptastic Kits to make this layout. It is an older picture of my kids and my mother-in-law at the beach during the late fall. It wasn't a very sunny day which made the water in the picture have really deep colors. The kids were running from the waves because the tide was coming in and they were laughing and giggling and it just made me happy to watch everyone having so much fun. It reminds me to always enjoy the simple things in life and that in the end that is all that matters.

I did some mixed media on the layout to enhance the feel of the picture as well as using light colors to try and lighten the darker picture. I used some gesso and then some gelatos mixed with water using the cellophane method of applying it to the layout. Did a lot of layering and used some iridescent sequins around to represent the sparkle of water.








No comments:

Post a Comment