Thursday, November 27, 2014

CSI Case 147 - This Cat!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone has had a fantastic day with family and/or friends today and took the time today to reflect on things you are thankful for. I for one, spent the day with my children and my ex-in-laws. I know that sounds weird but I was very close to my mother-in-law and her husband and when I was getting a divorce some years ago we said we would never let that interfere with our relationship and we never have. They are very special to me and I am so thankful that we never let anything come between us.

After having a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with my family I finally finished up the latest CSI challenge. I had a very hard time with challenge. I don't know why other than I could not really think of what I really wanted to with the pictures I had chosen. The color scheme was to use light slate blue, slate blue, white, bright cherry red, and black.


I used all the colors and for the evidence I used stripes (paper), polka dots (washi tape), grid pattern (paper), mesh (on the black banner and I used some mesh and ink to distress the background), stars, stamps (date at the bottom) and animal accent (paper). For the testimony I documented something about a pet on the back of the layout. "This Cat! This cat cracks me up! She was my daughter's cat but when she moved back home and then later left for college she stayed with me. She loves to snuggle and give you hugs. But if she doesn't greet you when you come home chances are she is all snuggled in covers somewhere. She loves to sleep under the covers. She even tries to get into my sweater if I'm wearing one. She is a total love bug!

Here is the crime scene information and a close up of the sketch. As you can see I followed the sketch pretty much as it was. 


I am still trying to use up a lot of my older supplies which is going to take me quite a long time to do but I figure if I use something with each project it gets my that much closer. For this layout I used mostly older papers with the exception of the grid paper which is fairly new compared to the others. I used scraps of mesh on the page which shoes use the smallest of leftover scraps can be used. I also used a piece of mesh as a template to distress the background. I used Prima chalk ink in Blue Jay for all the distressing. For the title I used a wood veener from my stash as well as some old Thickers. For the stamp at the bottom it is the new Heidi Swapp date stamp. And the enamel dots are homemade. Here are some close-ups of my page:




No comments:

Post a Comment