Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Case File 146 - 15 Things About Janna

The case this week over at CSI was a lot of fun. I am really enjoying getting out of my comfort zone with different colors. And on this layout I combined old products with newer ones using up my stash which is always a good thing.

For the case, the colors we had to use was magenta, white, bright lime green, light gray, and pale pink. I don't usually use lime green but the combination of those colors just screamed my daughter. The clues that I used from the evidence list was metal, something transparent, decorative scissors, and clips. And from the testimony list I chose the clue of writing format: make a list. So I did a layout of 15 things about my daughter.



There was metal in the center of the flowers from Recollections, a metal clip and the decorative staple from EK Success that holds the transparency in place. I used a transparent Heidi Swapp PL card with 'Love' on it that I placed on top of my daughter's photo. And the hearts are also Heidi Swapp transparent pieces. I used decorative scissors along one side of the light pink photo mat and then inked it with Ranger Archival Ink Magenta Hue to make it stand out a little better. I mixed different fonts together for the title. I used Recollections, Pebbles, Creative Imaginations Sonnets, and Foof-a-La letter stickers. The 'Adorbs' arrow was a Heidi Swapp PL card that I cut apart. I sprinkled Tattered Angels Key Lime Pie and Heidi Swapp Pink spray ink over the white cardstock. I used homemade enamel dots and Ranger Adirondack Brights in Clover and more of the Magenta Hue along the words for the list.







The different textures going from metal to transparent reminded me of the dramatic differences in my daughter. When I went to Michaels to get her wrestling championship framed the manager (I worked there part-time for over 5 years so I know him) said "Janna?...She's such a girly girl!" Which is so true because she is very much a girly girl but she is so talented and smart that she surprises people. She is very talented and can do anything she sets her mind to. Hope you like the layout and until next time...happy scrapping!

1 comment: