Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Mail/Prize

I belong to Facebook group called "Will Craft for Supplies." Recently in this group their was a challenge posted to make a project using nothing but scraps and the winner would receive some stencils. I did the challenge and made a little 3x3 mini album which you can see in an earlier post. I was actually chosen! I can't believe it! I entered thinking it was a good challenge for me to get something accomplished. Never dreaming I would actually win something. Then on top of that, this past Saturday was National Scrapbook Day. I did some challenges which you can also see in an earlier post. I had uploaded them to nstagram and of all people who commented on one of my layouts was Heidi Swapp herself! I couldn't believe it. What an honor and surprise. I know it might not seem like a lot to some people and others might say big deal but to me it was. When someone you admire says something good about what you are doing it should not be taken lightly but use it has encouragement to continue working hard at what you do.

Anyway, I get home yesterday and the package from challenge was in the mail box. It was quite thick and I was like hmm...this doesn't seem like stencils. Well I'm not going to spoil the surprise but you can watch the video and see what I got! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment