Wednesday, April 1, 2015

CSI #159 - Remember Family

Happy April Fools Day! I'm not going play a joke on you today but I am going to share my latest layout. This was for another case over at Color, Stories, and Inspiration (CSI). I really like how this came out and I really like that the last two layouts I've done were of older photos. These are not he original pictures but instead I scanned them in and printed them. They are a little bit grainy so I am going to see if I can get a sharper image but if I can't they will do just fine. So in this challenge (case) the colors that must be present are Light Ecru, Black, Light Mauve, Plum, and a Grayish Teal Blue.  Here is the inspiration (The Scene) the challenge was drawn from:
The plum is a bit out of my comfort zone because I do not use a lot of it anywhere in my life much less my crafts/scrapbooking but this was a lot of fun. I played more off of the grayish teal blue and used the plum and light mauve as accents. And I think it turned out really good.

The background papers are from g.c.d studios Sophisticated Frost collection. I had never heard of this company before but I found the pad at Big Lots and the papers were gorgeous. They are double sided and are on a nice weight of cardstock. The papers I used for the matting behind the photo were from my stash and both have a very pretty texture to them. All of the flowers were Prima and the leaves were from some of my old stash and came from Jolee's.  The key, doily, acetate clock face, tag, ribbon, acetate hearts, a metal sign were from my stash and I don't know what brands they are except for the metal sign was from Making Memories Signage collection and the acetate hearts were from Heidi Swapp (used up more of my older stuff...YEAH!). The jewel swirls were Prima "Say It In Crystals" collection. The "Remember and Family" were stamps by Heidi Swapp. The jewel cluster in the bottom right-hand corner was from a set that I got from the Micheal's dollar bins. I inked the edge of the layout with Tim Holtz "Gather Twig" Distress Ink and sprayed and splattered the Tattered Angels "Moonlight" spray ink and also splattered Tattered Angels "Purple Pansy" ink. The butterflies were punched out with the Martha Steward butterfly punches out of my scrap paper. Here are some close-ups:






In the corner I folded the paper back twice in a accordion style but not creased sharply for visual interest and used a paper that was a little bit brighter blue than the main background paper and aging that was for visual interest. I think it turned out really good. I'm really happy with this layout.  Hope you enjoyed it and until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment