Thursday, August 15, 2024

Scrap Happy Mini Load #824 - Day 1 State Champion

 If you have not noticed by now, I love being part of challenge groups of various types. It gets you to working on your projects because if you are like me, life gets in the way and you tend to put off getting those crafty things done. I work a lot and by the time I get home, I am exhausted and tend not to want to do the crafty stuff. 

I joined the Scrap Happy mini-load challenge, which is a 7-day challenge to do a layout a day. The regular load challenges are a layout a day for a month. Each time there is a theme on which the daily prompts are based. For this particular challenge, the theme is the movie Footloose. I don't believe I could keep up with a layout a day for a month but a week is a bit more manageable for me at this time. When things slow down for me then I would definitely like to do the 30-day load challenge.  Alice Boll is the owner of Scrap Happy and she also hosts Calvinball each March (FREE). She also hosts monthly crops which are a couple hours (also FREE). 

For the first layout, I scrapped some older pictures of my daughter winning the state wrestling championship. I used cardstock from my stash that I cut into varying sizes of stars. Then added some star sequins, some Wndy Vechie Liquid Pearls by Ranger in cornflower blue and sunflower, and some award stickers by Stickopotamus. I then added some Shimmerz paint in the center of the layout in tickle me turquoise which is by Shimmerz Paints. I used Letterman Thickers for the title. 


A simple layout but it gets the job done. 

Happy Scrapping!

Rachel

#load824  #layoutaday  #scraphappyfamily  @scraphappyorg


No comments:

Post a Comment