Saturday, August 31, 2024

Day 7 of Scrap Happy Mini-Load Challenge #824 - Rad Drill Fun

 Again, I didn’t have anything for Scrap Happy Mini-Load challenge prompt. I concentrated on the technique for the day. For the technique I used wood veneer, flair, and journaling strips. For the layout, I used Echo Park For The Record 2 by Lori Whitlock which is nothing close to the subject of my layout…LOL. I chose 3 papers from the line to create my background. I used a flair from Scrappin Happy Studio, a couple of wood veneer pieces from my stash, number tape by Tim Holtz, Thickers letters called Scene, and all the other embellishments were images from the internet since you don’t find embellishments about radiological drills. But I think I made it work okay. I inked all the edges, except for the journal strips, with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot.

Every other year, we are required to do evaluated radiological exercises because we are a host county for a nuclear plant in the next county. Being a host county means that we would take in the people if there was an issue at the plant and they called for an evacuation. We do two exercises; one for the Emergency Operations Center which is where I work and one for the reception center which is where the evacuees would be going. We had gone to help at the reception center drill and someone had brought a dog and of course, we could not resist loving on the little pup. That definitely made the drill a lot more enjoyable.


Enjoy and Happy Scrapping!

#load824  #layoutaday  #scraphappyfamily  @scraphappyorg

No comments:

Post a Comment